MINISTRY OF WAR™
TERMS OF SERVICE
THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT; PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY. Welcome to Ministry of War™. Snail Games USA, Inc. (“Snail Games USA”) is proud to provide you with the massively multi-player online real-time strategy game Ministry of War™ and the websites, features, products and services in connection therewith (collectively, “Ministry of War”). Your access and use of Ministry of War is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with this End User License Agreement (“EULA” or Agreement”), including the policies and terms linked to or otherwise referenced in this Agreement. By using Ministry of War, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree to this Agreement, you may not access or use Ministry of War.
- Eligibility to Use Ministry of War. By accepting this Agreement in connection with your use of Ministry of War, you represent either that (A) you are 18 years of age or older and can form a contract with Snail Games USA under the laws of the United States, the laws of the jurisdiction in which you use Ministry of War or any other applicable jurisdiction or that (B) you are under 18 years of age and your parent or legal guardian, having legal authority to enter into this Agreement, has consented to your use of Ministry of War and has read and fully accepted this Agreement on your behalf.
- Limited License. Ministry of War is licensed to you, not sold. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, this license granted to you by Snail Games USA is limited to a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use Ministry of War solely and exclusively for personal, entertainment, non-commercial use.
- Restrictions. The foregoing license does not permit you to do any of the following, and you agree that doing so or attempting to do so is a violation of the rights of Snail Games USA, including infringement of its copyrights, and that if you breach any of these restrictions, you may be subject to prosecution and damages:
- You may not rent, sell, redistribute, license, sublicense or otherwise transfer Ministry of War, in whole or in part, or any reproduction thereof, to any person or entity;
- You may not develop, distribute or host any server or software designed to interact with Ministry of War or to redirect or emulate the communications protocols used by Snail Games USA.
- You may not copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, derive the source code of, modify, tamper with, convert or otherwise create derivative works of Ministry of War or any part thereof, except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is permitted by applicable law).
- You may not develop, distribute, use any third party program or otherwise perform any act which, directly or indirectly, impacts the experience of Ministry of War, including without limitation, software bots, cheats, hacks, or any software, viruses, malware, spam, spyware, worms, trojan horses, time bombs, trap doors or any other computer code, object, script, file or programs designed to (i) provide any user with an advantage; (ii) interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of, or to monitor the use of, any computer software, hardware, device or equipment; (iii) diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of or impair the access or functionality of Ministry of War or service to any other user, including without limitation, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing” or “crashing”; (iv) breach or circumvent the security of, interfere with or disrupt Ministry of War or any computer systems, servers, networks, hosts or services associated with Ministry of War; (v) alter, edit, delete, remove or otherwise change the meaning or appearance of, or repurpose any Content (as defined below) or any other content or material on Ministry of War or otherwise provided through the services and features made available on or through Ministry of War, including without limitation, the alteration or removal of any trademarks, trade names, logos, service marks, or any other proprietary content or proprietary rights notices; (vi) access content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (vii) attempt to harvest or collect any unauthorized data or personally identifiable information about other users or otherwise harm the rights of other users; or (viii) otherwise restrict, inhibit or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of Ministry of War.
- You may not use any software bot, spider, third party application or other manual or automatic device or otherwise perform any act to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine,” create or compile, directly or indirectly, any collection, compilation, database or directory, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of Ministry of War, or any part thereof, without Snail Games USA’s express prior written consent.
- You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, modify, adapt, rent, sell, resell, license, sublicense, distribute, transmit, publicly perform, publish or otherwise exploit for any commercial purpose any part of, use of or access to Ministry of War.
- You may not connect to any server, network or service associated with Ministry of War except by using an authorized, unmodified server, network or service.
- You may not post, display, perform, share, publish, distribute, submit, transmit or otherwise make available on or through Ministry of War any user-submitted posting, chat, comment, message, in-game communication, conference, information, text, image, sound, link or other content, material or communication (“User Postings”) that, as Snail Games USA may determine in its sole discretion:
- (i) may be identified as infringing, fraudulent, tortious, libelous, defamatory, obscene, misleading, vulgar, pornographic, abusive, intimidating, harassing, indecent, hateful, harmful to minors, offensive or otherwise in violation of any laws or rights of any person or entity, including without limitation rights of publicity, rights of privacy, intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights;
- (ii) could give rise to any criminal or civil liability, advocates or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, promotes gambling, encourages or provides instructional information about illegal acts or acts such as “hacking,” “cracking,” or “phreaking”;
- (iii) advertises or otherwise solicits funds or could be identified as a solicitation or promotion for goods and services;
- (iv) delivers or causes to be delivered any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letter,” “pyramid scheme,” investment opportunity or other form of solicitation that Snail Games USA considers to be of such nature;
- (v) forges any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any User Postings using Ministry of War; or,
- (vi) is unlawful or unauthorized under any contractual relationship, including without limitation, confidential or proprietary information learned as part of an employment relationship or otherwise. You understand and agree that Snail Games USA reserves the right to terminate your receipt, transmission or other distribution of any above-stated subsection (h) material using Ministry of War and, if applicable, to delete such material from its servers.
- You may not (i) impersonate any person or entity without their consent, or otherwise misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity; or (ii) express or imply that Snail Games USA endorses any statement or material that you post, transmit or otherwise make available.
- You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems, services, materials or information through Ministry of War.
- You may not use Ministry of War for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
- Ownership. Except as to User Postings (but not Unsolicited Submissions as defined below), the license granted to you under this Agreement confers no title or ownership interest in Ministry of War and should not be construed as a sale of any rights to Ministry of War.
You acknowledge that the copyright laws and other intellectual property laws of the United States, international treaties and conventions and other laws protect Ministry of War, including but not limited to those regarding any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, database rights, moral rights, sui generis rights, and other intellectual property and proprietary rights. Ministry of War may contain certain licensed materials and Snail Games USA’s licensors may protect their rights in the event of any violation of this Agreement.
- User Postings. By posting, displaying, performing, sharing, publishing, distributing, submitting, transmitting or otherwise making available User Postings through or in connection with using Ministry of War (including but not limited to any email services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, online communities, personal web pages, calendars, photo albums, file cabinets or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with other users, collectively “Forums”), you hereby grant Snail Games USA, and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and representatives, a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid-up, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable and fully transferable license to use, copy, reproduce, publicly display, publicly perform, adapt, translate, edit, modify, reformat, distribute, have distributed, broadcast, transmit, communicate to the public, provide access to electronically and promote User Postings, as well as all modified and derivative works thereof, without attribution to you or anyone, in any format or media now known or later developed, on or in connection with Ministry of War, or for any business or promotional purposes related to Ministry of War or Snail Games USA. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby waive any and all rights that you may have under laws worldwide that concern “moral rights” or “droit rights,” or similar rights, or any rights of publicity or privacy in connection with your User Postings. You acknowledge that you have received good and valuable consideration in exchange for your granting this right in and to any of your User Postings, including but not limited to, your ability to participate in features and services offered on Ministry of War, and that you are not entitled to any further compensation for use or other exploitation of such User Postings.
Additionally, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to User Postings or are otherwise authorized to post, display, perform, share, publish, distribute, submit, transmit, or otherwise make available User Postings. For the purpose of clarification, nothing in this Agreement authorizes you to incorporate into any User Postings any Content or other material owned by Snail Games USA, or its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives, and licensors. Nothing in this Agreement obligates Snail Games USA to use, exploit or otherwise make available any User Posting.
- Unsolicited Submissions. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Snail Games USA does not accept, invite or consider unsolicited submissions of ideas, proposals or suggestions (“Unsolicited Submissions”), whether related to Ministry of War, its associated products or otherwise. We do not treat Unsolicited Submissions as confidential, and any Unsolicited Submission will become the sole property of Snail Games USA. Snail Games USA has no obligations with respect to Unsolicited Submissions and may use them for any purpose whatsoever without compensation to you or any other person.
- Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws. When accessing or using Ministry of War, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual rights of others. Your use of Ministry of War is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You acknowledge that Snail Games USA reserves its right to enforce its rights to the fullest extent of the law in the event of any violation of this Agreement. You also agree not to post, display, perform, share, publish, distribute, submit, transmit or otherwise make available any information or content in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property and you are to be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any User Postings you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your account.
- Monitoring. Snail Games USA reserves the right, but does not have an obligation, to (A) monitor, review, record, modify or alter all of User Postings before or after they appear on or through Ministry of War; (B) seek to verify that all rights, consents, releases and permissions in or relating to such User Posting have been obtained by you in accordance with your representations above; (C) refuse, reject, or remove any User Posting, in whole or in part, at any time that in its sole discretion is objectionable or in violation of this Agreement or applicable law, or for any other reason or purpose. Snail Games USA is not responsible for any User Postings. However, Snail Games USA reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or government request. Snail Games USA may also impose limits on certain features of the Forums or restrict your access to part or all of the Forums, at any time, without notice or penalty, if Snail Games USA believes that you have breached any of this Agreement or applicable law, or for any other reason or purpose. Snail Games USA is under no obligation to monitor User Postings. If you become aware of any unlawful, offensive or objectionable material on Ministry of War (except for material that infringes copyright, which is addressed in Section 22 below), please contact Snail Games USA at email@example.com with your name and address, a description of the material at issue and the link to or location of such material.
- Alleged Violations. Without limiting any other provision of this Agreement, Snail Games USA reserves the right to suspend, terminate or modify your access to or use of Ministry of War for any conduct it deems inappropriate or for your breach of this Agreement, at any time, with or without notice to you. To ensure that Snail Games USA provides a high quality experience for you and other users, you agree that Snail Games USA or its employees, agents or representatives may access your account and records on a case-by-case basis to investigate complaints or allegations of abuse, infringement of third party rights, or other unauthorized uses of Ministry of War. Snail Games USA intends to cooperate fully with any law enforcement officials or agencies in the investigation of any such conduct, of any violation of this Agreement or of any applicable laws. Snail Games USA does not intend to disclose the existence of an investigation unless required by law.
- Financial Transactions. You may have an account without paying to participate in certain features or services of Ministry of War. However, Snail Games USA may charge subscription or other fees to access certain features or services and participate in related activities on Ministry of War or otherwise make products available for purchase. You acknowledge and agree that Snail Games USA is authorized, but not required, to act on payment instructions received from anyone using your account. You authorize Snail Games USA to (A) initiate debits or charges against your financial account or credit/debit card periodically for the amount then due for purchases made; and (B) initiate any other debits or charges authorized by you or anyone using the Snail Games USA account registered to you. All payments must be made in U.S. dollars from a U.S. bank or via alternative payment methods made available by Snail Games USA. You acknowledge that transactions may be facilitated by a third party payment processor (the "Processor"), and agree that Snail Games USA may share your information, including information about your financial accounts, with the Processor for this purpose. You acknowledge that Snail Games USA is not responsible for the information collection, usage and disclosure practices of any Processor. Further, you agree to abide by the Snail Games USA Store Terms of Service, incorporated herein by this reference, which is located here .
In accordance with the Snail Games USA Store Terms of Service, you may only order products if you are eighteen (18) years of age or older and have the legal right to use the payment method selected by you. If you are older than thirteen (13) years of age but under eighteen (18) years of age, you may only order products with the involvement of a parent or legal guardian having legal authority to do so. You agree to pay in full the prices and all applicable taxes for any purchases you make either by credit/debit card concurrent with your online order or by other payment methods acceptable to Snail Games USA. If Snail Games USA does not receive payment from your credit/debit card issuer or its agents, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by us. In conjunction with the Snail Games Store Terms of Service, certain products that you purchase on or through Ministry of War may be subject to additional terms and conditions presented to you at the time of such purchase.
- Passwords and Accounts. In the event that you are required to open an account to access or use Ministry of War, you must complete the registration process by providing the current, complete and accurate information requested. You may also be asked to choose a username and password. You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access any of your usernames, passwords or accounts that you use to access or use Ministry of War. You acknowledge that you are responsible for all activities or actions that occur under any username, password or account you use to access or use Ministry of War. You may not use the username, password or account of any other user at any time. You may not choose a username that is used by any other user, that is vulgar, distasteful, inappropriate for public use, or otherwise offensive (as determined by Snail Games USA in its sole discretion), that infringes any trademark or other proprietary rights of others, or that violates this Agreement. Snail Games USA may reject, alter or change your username or require that you change any username, password or other account information that you may provide. You agree to promptly notify Snail Games USA of any unauthorized use of your username, password or account.
You grant Snail Games USA and all other individuals or entities involved in the operation of Ministry of War the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your username, password and account information in connection with the operation of the Ministry of War You acknowledge and agree that Snail Games USA and all other individuals or entities involved in the operation of Ministry of War may contact you from time to time via e-mail for various promotional purposes. You acknowledge and agree that your account is personal to you and you may not transfer or make available your account to others. You acknowledge and agree that Snail Games USA cannot and do not assume any responsibility or liability for loss that you incur as a result of anyone else using your username, password or account, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Snail Games USA, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, representatives and licensors because of another person or entity using your username, password or account.
- Links to Ministry of War Sites. You agree that if you provide a link from any third-party site to any site associated with Ministry of War, such link is to open in a new browser window and link to the full version of an HTML-formatted page of such Ministry of War site. You are expressly prohibited from linking directly to any image hosted on any Ministry of War site or service, such as using an “in-line” linking method to cause the image hosted by Snail Games USA to be displayed on a third-party site. You agree not to link from any third-party site to any Ministry of War site in any manner such that the Ministry of War site is “framed” or otherwise surrounded by any third party content, materials or branding. Snail Games USA reserves all rights under the law to insist that any link to any Ministry of War site be discontinued and, at any time, to revoke your right to link to any Ministry of War site from any third-party site and block any links to any Ministry of War site.
- Links to Third-Party Sites. Certain sites, features or services associated with Ministry of War may provide links to third-party sites that will allow you to leave Ministry of War. The linked sites are not under the control of Snail Games USA and may collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Snail Games USA has no control over, and is not responsible for, the content, performance, business practices or privacy policies of any third-party sites, or for the collection, use or disclosure of any information those sites may collect, even if those sites are owned or operated by partners or affiliates of Snail Games USA. Snail Games USA is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked third-party site. Snail Games USA provides such links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply recommendation or endorsement by Snail Games USA of the linked third-party sites or the content or other material associated therewith. Snail Games USA makes no representation or warranty with regard to third-party sites, including without limitation, any products, services, software or content provided on or through such sites.
Snail Games USA does not assume and, to the maximum extent permissible by law, is not to have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any third-party sites, or for any content, data, materials, information, claims, advertising, code, products or services of third parties, for any transactions between you and any third party, for any claim or loss as a result of any third-party site, or for the performance, accuracy, integrity, quality, legality, usefulness or safety of, or intellectual property rights related thereto, of any third-party site. Snail Games USA has no obligation to monitor third-party links, and Snail Games USA may remove or restrict access to any third-party link at any time. Your access to and use of third-party sites, content and resources is at your own risk, and this Agreement is to govern your use of any and all linked third-party sites and the content or other material associated therewith.
- NO WARRANTIES. Snail Games USA, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, representatives, partners, co-branders, contractors, content and service providers and licensors (collectively, “Snail GameS Parties”) hereby disclaim all warranties. Snail Games Parties are making Ministry of War available “as is” without warranty of any kind. You assume the risk of any and all damage or loss from the use of, or inability to use, the site or the service. You expressly acknowledge that your access to and use of Ministry of War is at your sole risk and that the entire risk as to satisfactory quality, performance, accuracy and effort is with you. No oral or written information or advice given by Snail Games Parties is to create a warranty. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Snail Games Parties expressly disclaim any and all warranties, express, implied or statutory, regarding Ministry of War, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, quiet enjoyment, operability or availability.
Snail Games USA does not warrant that Ministry of War will meet your requirements or that the operation of Ministry of War will be uninterrupted or error free. Snail Games Parties provide Ministry of War on a commercially reasonable basis and do not warrant that you will be able to access or use Ministry of War at times or locations of your choosing, or that Snail Games Parties will have adequate capacity for Ministry of War as a whole or in any specific geographic area. Snail Games Parties also assume no responsibility, and are not to be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in Ministry of War or your downloading of any Content associated therewith.
Snail Games Parties make no representations about the suitability of the content published on or through Ministry of War for any purpose. The content published on or through Ministry of War could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Snail Games Parties cannot, and does not, guarantee the correctness accuracy, correctness, currency, content, completeness or quality of any of the content or information available on or through Ministry of War, nor will Snail Games Parties be liable for any inaccuracy or omission concerning any of the content or information provided on or through Ministry of War. Snail Games Parties expressly assume no responsibility or liability for any User Posting that is infringing, fraudulent, tortious, libelous, defamatory, obscene, misleading, vulgAr, pornographic, abusive, intimidating, harassing, indecent, hateful, harmful to minors, offensive or otherwise in violation of any laws or rights of any person or entity, including without limitation rights of publicity, rights of privacy, intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights.
Similarly, Snail Games Parties expressly assume no responsibility for the accuracy, correctness, currency, content, completeness or quality of third-party content to which you may have access when using Ministry of War. While Snail Games Parties try to ensure that the content and information provided on or through Ministry of War is accurate, correct and current, Snail Games Parties do not warrant the continuity of any features or services by or through Ministry of War as between various releases, updates or upgrades thereof. Snail Game Parties reserves the right to make improvements or changes to Ministry of War regarding these terms at any time.
Snail Games Parties make no warranties or representations regarding any products or services ordered or provided via Ministry of War, and hereby disclaim, and you hereby waive, any and all warranties and representations made in ANY HEROES OF GAIA product or services LITERATURE OR DOCUMENTATION and otherwise on Ministry of War sites or in correspondence with Snail Games Parties. Any products and services ordered or provided via Ministry of War are provided by Snail Games Parties “as is,” except to the extent, if at all, otherwise set forth in a license or sale agreement separately entered into in writing between you and Snail Games USA or its licensor or supplier. Under no circumstances does your use of Ministry of War form any relationship, whether implied or express, with Snail Games Parties. Snail Games Parties hereby disclaim any such relationship and any liability arising as a result of its use OR NON-USE of any content OR INFORMATION, including, without limitation, User Postings contained on Ministry of War sites.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on applicable statutory rights of a consumer, so the above exclusion and limitations may not apply to you. In such event, the liability will be limited to you as far as legally possible under applicable law.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Snail Games Parties’ liability to you is limited. To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event are Snail Games Parties to be liability for and you hereby waive all rights to claim, any loss or damage of any kind, including, but not limited to, personal injury, special, indirect, incidental, exemplary, punitive, liquidated or consequential damages, lost profits, loss of data, goodwill, game play, items or characters from delays, nondeliveries, misdeliveries, disruption of service, system downtime, or claims of third parties, regardless of the forseeability of those damages, arising out of or in connection with your use of, or inability to use, Ministry of War, or the content, material and functions related thereto, or the Internet or for any other claim related in any way to your use of Ministry of War or interactions with Snail Games Parties.
Further, Snail Games Parties are not to be liable for any damages of any kind arising out of any inaccuracy, delay, interruption in use or transmission, failure, error, defect, technical malfunction, problem, deletion or omission in connection with your use of or inability to use Ministry of War, including any User Postings, CONTENT or information made available thereon. You acknowledge and agree that Snail Games Parties are not liable for any act or failure to act by you or any other person or entity regarding conduct, communication or content on or through Ministry of War, or use of Ministry of War. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of liability for personal injury, or for incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation may not apply to you.
You agree that any claim or dispute arising in connection with your use of Ministry of War must be brought and filed within one year of the date of the event giving rise to such action occurred, even if any applicable statute of limitations exists to the contrary. Your only right or remedy with respect to any problem or dissatisfaction with Ministry of War is to cancel your account(s) and cease using Ministry of War. In no event is Snail Games Parties’ total liability to You for any and all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law) to exceed the total fees paid by you, if any, for the purchase of the relevant product provided on Ministry of War or the license to use Ministry of War during the one (1) month period immediately prior to the time such claim or dispute arose.
- WAIVER AND INDEMNITY. By accessing or using Ministry of War, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold Snail Games Parties harmless, to the maximum extent permissible by law, from any and all third-party claims, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, with respect to any claims arising, directly or indirectly, out of your breach of this Agreement, or your infringement, or infringement by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, or your access to or use of Ministry of War, or the posting or transmission of any User Posting or other materials on or through Ministry of War by you or any other user of your account. Snail Games Parties will notify you promptly of any such claim, damage, liability, loss, cost or demand, and will provide you with reasonable assistance, at your expense, in defending any such claim, damage, liability, loss, cost or demand. Snail Games Parties reserve the right, at their own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, in which case, you agree to cooperate with Snail Games Parties’ defense of such claim, damage, liability, loss, cost or demand.
- Termination. Snail Games USA may suspend, terminate, modify, or discontinue any aspect of Ministry of War at any time. Without prejudice to any other rights of Snail Games USA and, as applicable, its licensors, Snail Games USA may restrict, suspend, modify or terminate your access to or use of Ministry of War, your username, password and account or any files or information associated with your account if Snail Games USA believes that you are in breach of this Agreement or applicable law, or for any other reason without notice or liability. Snail Games USA maintains a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of the limited license to access and use Ministry of War granted under this Agreement of users who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights.
- Copyright and Trademark Notices. The Ministry of War trademarks, logos, service marks, and trade names displayed on Ministry of War are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of Snail Games USA or, where applicable, its licensors. All other trademarks, logos, service marks, and trade names referenced on Ministry of War are the property of their respective owners. Any of the above-stated trademarks, logos, service marks, and trade names may not be used in connection with products and/or services that are not related to, associated with, or sponsored by their rights holders that are likely to cause customer confusion, or in any manner that disparages or discredits their rights holders.
Except as expressly specified in this Agreement, all rights, title and interest in and to Ministry of War are: Copyright © 2010 Snail Games USA, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Reservation of Rights. Snail Games USA, its licensors and, where applicable, other third parties may have patents, patent applications, trademarks, logos, service marks, and trade names, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights covering subject matter in Ministry of War. Nothing contained on Ministry of War should be construed to grant you any license or right to these patents, trademarks, logos, service marks, and trade names copyrights, or other intellectual property. Any rights not expressly granted in this Agreement or the policies and terms incorporated by reference are reserved by Snail Games USA or its licensors.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(2), (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on Ministry of War infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Snail Games USA’s Copyright Agent a notice requesting that Snail Games USA remove the material or disable access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov for details. Notices and counter-notices should be sent to:
Brandi M. Bennett
Snail Games USA, Inc.
P.O. Box 13039
Marina Del Rey, CA 90295
Snail Games USA suggests that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice.
- Remedies. By using Ministry of War, you acknowledge and agree that, notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, any breach or threatened breach of this Agreement by you will cause Snail Games USA and their licensors irreparable damage for which recovery of money damage would be inadequate and that Snail Games USA and their licensors may obtain timely injunctive relief to protect their rights under this Agreement, without bond, other security or proof of damages, in addition to any and all other remedies available at law or in equity.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction; Choice of Law. This Agreement, and the relationship between you and Snail Games USA, is subject to the laws of the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of this Agreement or the rights and obligations of the parties shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the laws of the State of California, and as such law is applied to agreements between California residents entered into and to be performed within California, except as governed by United States federal law. You agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any claim or dispute relating to or arising out of this Agreement or this license will be in the state and federal courts of Los Angeles, California, in all disputes arising out of or relating to your use of Ministry of War and you hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction in such courts.
Snail Games controls and operates Ministry of War from its offices in the State of California. Snail Games USA does not warrant that the contents or materials made available on or through Ministry of War are appropriate or available for use in your location. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, rules and regulations. If you choose to access Ministry of War from other locations, you do so at your own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws, rules and regulations. Your access or use of Ministry of War should not be construed as Snail Games USA’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than California. All parties to this Agreement waive their respective rights to a trial by jury.
- Updates. Snail Games USA reserve the right to, in its discretion, apply patches, updates, upgrades and modifications to the Ministry of War game, or any part thereof, at any time, and after doing so game-play may change. Snail Games USA may also change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of Ministry of War or impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of Ministry of War at any time, without notice or liability. This Agreement is to govern any patches, updates, upgrades or modifications to the Ministry of War game and any modifications to any other aspect of Ministry of War. While this license does not entitle you to any patches, updates, upgrades or modifications, they are not optional. You agree that Snail Games USA may deploy and install patches, updates, upgrades or modifications remotely, with or without your knowledge.
- Changes to the Agreement. Snail Games USA reserves the right to update this Agreement, in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, and without prior notice, and the revised version of the EULA is to become effective when posted. You agree to review the revised EULA and other online policies posted on Ministry of War sites periodically to be aware of any revisions. By continuing to access or use Ministry of War following any posting of any revision, you agree to be bound by any such revision and Snail Games USA is not to liable to you or to any third party should Snail Games USA exercise such right. If you do not agree to any such revised EULA or if at any time you are no longer able to comply with the terms of the then-current EULA, you must immediately stop using the Ministry of War and terminate your account.
- Export Control Laws. Ministry of War is subject to applicable export control laws and restrictions. Ministry of War may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using Ministry of War, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use Ministry of War products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons. Further, you acknowledge and agree that You will indemnify and hold Snail Games USA and its licensors harmless from any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, fines, penalties, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees and costs) arising from or relating to any breach by you of its obligations and warranty under this provision.
- Waiver. The failure of Snail Games USA to exercise or enforce any right or any term or condition of this Agreement shall not affect Snail Games USA’s full right to do so at any time thereafter; nor shall a waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, be taken or held to be a waiver of the term or condition itself or any subsequent breach thereof.
- Severability. If any part of this Agreement is for any reason found to be unenforceable by a court or regulator having jurisdiction, all other parts nevertheless remain valid and enforceable to the maximum extent possible. In lieu of the enforceable provision, the parties will substitute as part of this Agreement an enforceable provision that will be only to the extent necessary.
- Miscellaneous. The terms set forth in this Agreement, including the No Warranties, Limitation of Liability and Waiver and Indemnity provisions are fundamental elements of the basis of the agreement between Snail Games USA and you. Snail Games USA would not be able to provide the Ministry of War on an economic basis without such limitations. Such provisions inure to the benefit of Snail Game USA’s licensors, successors and assigns. You agree that you are not considered, and shall not represent yourself as, an agent, employee, joint venturer, or partner of Snail Games USA. You may not assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, without Snail Game USA’s prior written consent and any attempted assignment in violation of this provision shall be null and void. This Agreement, incorporating all the applicable documents and policies referenced herein, represents the entire agreement between you and Snail Games USA with respect to the Ministry of War and supersedes all prior agreements between you and Snail Games USA pertaining to Ministry of War. You must supply all necessary facilities, utilities and equipment necessary to play the Ministry of War game, including appropriate computer equipment and Internet connections, at your sole risk and expense.